Patch release information
Please note: This version remains available for those who need to add machines to
an existing installation, or want functionality equivalent to the Windows 3.1 version,
but the current version is 2.0.
Versions 1.60e and 3.60e were completed on 17 May 1999. This release
fixes most bugs discovered in versions 1.60c/3.60c. To determine if you need the
patch release, please consult the
What's new list below or the fixed bug list.
Downloading the new version
Please choose the link corresponding to your platform:
If you prefer the traditional manual installation or want to save a few
minutes of download time, you can choose one of the following versions without
What's new in versions 1.60e/3.60e:
- In trig graph paper, legends for "1 pi" are now simply "pi"
- Coordinate cursor now prints polar coordinates (t,r) when polar graph
paper is selected.
- Fixed another problem with the toolbar caused by the lastest IE4.
This one may only have occurred on NT, not 95/98.
- Added the statistical functions "gamma" and "gammaln" (natural logarithm
of the gamma function).
- Added "**" as an alternative to "^" as the exponentiation operator.
- Fixed a bug which caused Integrate Curve region to display incorrectly
in some cases when zoomed in too far.
- Entire graph is drawn for equations like x=y^3, not just positive half.
- Fixed a problem which could cause the first on-screen point to be
calculated incorrectly for polar and parametric graphs (leaving a gap
at the edge of the screen).
- Fixed a problem with very small domains on a logarithmic scale which
caused too much of the curve to be drawn.
What's new in versions 1.60c/3.60c:
- Graphs copied to the clipboard as a metafile should insert properly
- Fixed potential crashes in Integrate Curve when most of the region to
integrate over is off-screen.
What's new in versions 1.60b/3.60b:
- Printing at 600 dpi is now supported (Windows only).
- A bug which caused inequalities like "x > 2" to be filled incorrectly
has been fixed.
What's new in versions 1.60a/3.60a:
The following enhancements have been made in all three versions of the program.
- Point tables should be much less likely to incorrectly report a value
where in fact the function is not defined (i.e. a singularitiy).
- Maximum number of annotaions allowed may be set using the maxannnote
flag in the [options] section of graphmat.ini.
- Graphs of high-order polynomials with very steep, concave lobes should
be shown in entirety at normal fineness. (Previously parts might be
skipped if they were too narrow.)
Windows specific fixes:
The following bugs were patched in both Windows versions.
In addition, one Windows-specific enhancement was made:
- Default fonts at low-resolution modes are now correctly set to be
Courier New, so side labels can be rotated properly. (Previously set
to Courier screen font, but only True-Type fonts can be rotated.)
- You can once again place annotations using the arrow keys instead of the
- Polar graph paper now displays correctly when you have selected
gridlines or solid gridlines detail level.
- Print dialog box has a new option to disable printing of equation list
below graphs if desired.
32-bit specific fixes:
The patches below are for bugs that only affected the Windows 95/NT version.
Back to kSoft homepage...
- Switching applications when mouse is captured (e.g. when in coordinate
cursor) on Win95 now releases the mouse capture properly.
- Toolbar displays properly with Internet Explorer 4.0 installed.
kSoft, Inc. email@example.com
Last updated: Wed 26 Feb 2003